Monday, March 10, 2014

Beautiful HUGE Shabby Farmhouse table!

I got this beautiful (I believe Pine?) table for free off a family friend. It had two HUGE leaves- to make the table around 7-8 feet long! I couldn't wait to get to work on this baby! I'd never done a table this large before and I was anxious to transform it from that pine color (which I particularly don't care for) to something more my style. 


First I had to find some chairs to go with it, which always seems to be hard task, but I eventually found 5- an odd number, of course....but I had an extra chair I could use. First I painted the table legs white- then I stained the table top/leaves a dark walnut color (my favorite). 




Then I painted each chair- which took me literally around 8 hours straight (once I get going I can't stop!). I then reupholstered each chair in a nice tan fabric- the seats were sooooo stained/torn up- such a great transformation! 









                             I LOVE the way this set came out! It's the perfect shabby farmhouse table!

No comments:

Post a Comment