Sunday, June 16, 2013

Retro End Table Set



I bought a lot of different dresser sets from this super nice woman I met and she also had this pair of end tables that were completely beat up (as you can see from the scratches all over the legs). She told me she only wanted $5 for the pair because of the tables had a broken leg....I figured for $5 I could do something with them (especially since I really love 1950's/1960's furniture). I repaired the broken leg and got to painting......

I knew I wanted to paint them with retro colors....so the two colors from the 1960's that came to mind were green and orange....I picked out this beautiful light green and then started painting the drawer an orange color, but it was too light, not bright enough for what I was thinking.....so I looked through my paints and thought about doing two different shades of green.....

This is the final product.....I also painted the drawer knobs silver. I think they came out pretty good. Pretty retro looking and a lot better than that terrible cherry laminate with gold accents :/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment