Sunday, June 9, 2013

Shabby Chic Sewing Table

The person I got the coffee table from, also gave me a free sewing machine table. I had no idea what it looked like before she brought it to me, but I've always wanted to refinish one because I always thought they made cute side tables once refinished.





It's not exactly what I had imagined it would look like (I was picturing something more vintage), but hey, IT WAS FREE! Can't complain there. I also didn't know it still had the sewing machine inside until she brought it over....plugged it in, but can't seem to find an ON/OFF switch?! Also, there is no pedal....either way, it's still a cute table even if the sewing machine doesn't work.


I started off painting it white (YES, I'm still on my white kick haha)

Then, I was thinking about it, and wanted to try some stenciling. I've never been brave enough to try it on anything I've refinished thus far and thought hey, this was free- try it out!

So....I came up with the idea of a bird (which came out pretty good). After looking at it for a couple mins I decided it was still too bare looking....so I stenciled the phrase "Live Laugh Love" on it.

This is the final product....I think it looks A LOT better and has some personality now instead of being some plain jane sewing table! I think I'll try stenciling again now that I know I can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment